Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 2 of 40...in more detail

After 2 or 3 hours the immense burning pain at the tip of my right index finger finally subsided....leaving behind a nice white blister that still hurts every time I type those blasted middle-of-the-keyboard letters. Nevertheless, my 40 day journey continues. Yesterday, as I said yesterday, was a good day. I had a whole 30 minutes of quiet time, time in the Word, praying and journaling and it was wonderful. My days, at least the first half of the day, goes so much smoother when I've renewed my mind and surrendered myself to Jesus.

Pumpkin had preschool, but afterwards and after naps, came the sweetest part of my day. You can see why below.
If you look closely you'll see that I'm sitting with all three of them. At one point, Pumpkin had his arm wrapped around mine, Miss O was in my lap, and Taz and I were holding hands. I thanked God for such a blessing, for three sweet children, and for the privilege it is to be their mother.

Taz wanted me to keep reading this book we got from the library the night before. Cute book!
Miss O and I read a few books before bed...a habit I'm absolutely cherishing!
Mr. B and the boys spent an hour or so putting together Taz's Christmas gift from the grandparents while I worked on a matchcar toy track for the boys...and that's where the burnt finger comes in. Hot glue gun and I never seem to leave each other unscarred...but I guess its better than getting the sewing machine out.

I'll post later pics of the track.

Thank you Lord for one more day! 38 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment