Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 4 of 40

Yep, I was right - waking up at 7 am on a Saturday morning is NOT easy! Thankfully though the Lord woke me up a few minutes after as I realized my alarm on my phone was on silent. Oops! It was a nice quiet morning - that is for about 40 minutes. But I'll take it! One of my favorite things right now about waking up early is sitting in my recliner chair which is right next to the window and having the light from outside pour in over me. Its back to that time of year where I don't have to have a lamp on because its too dark inside. Nope, spring is around the corner and brighter mornings is just what I need to keep me awake.

There was no exercising today but I certainly enjoyed my family as my husband surprised me with a morning date....

We enjoyed each other's company as we shared a cup of some of our favorite Panera coffee. We were able to have this kid-free date thanks to an amazing godly couple who has been asking to babysit - can't turn that down folks! We came back to pick them up and found Pumpkin, of course, dressed up.
If you can't tell, he was in his element! All three kiddos did great for them which we were grateful to hear. The rest of the day held naps for all, an errand run for just Pumpkin and myself, a haircut for Pumpkin by daddy, and just laughing together.

Taz isn't feeling well and when I started to fear about his health, one of the verses I'm memorizing in this 40 day journey, came to mind and boy, did I cling to it..."When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust. I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?" Psalm 56:3-4. Another reminder that God's word is sharper than any double-edged sword...discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hebrews 4:12)...in my case, cutting away feelings that cover lies that steal my joy.

Our favorite line of the day was my Pumpkin..."Hey Mommy, this is where the police man came when you were going faster. We have rules about that!" Nothing slips past that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment