Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Woops - I guess the real day 6 and 8 out of 40

So I'm not really sure what happened...I just realized tonight that I forgot to blog Monday which should have been day 6, which meant yesterday was day 7 and today is day 8! Oh well...day 6, the real day 6, Monday, went well. These days with three kiddos to take care of I have a hard time remembering what I ate for breakfast let alone what I did two days ago but I'm pretty sure it was a success. I did have some time with the Lord, no exercise, and we had fun doing something :)...I just can't seem to remember what that something was. Oh yeah! Nothing like pictures to remind you of what you did. 

We painted bread and then chowed down...don't worry, not real paint, just colored milk. We also made a prayer pail. Pumpkin wanted to play with the sticks at first but once I gave him a bunch of his own blank sticks, he was good. We've used the prayer pail the last two nights of family devo's and its been a fun way for Noah to pray for people. 


So that was day 6...AGAIN! And this is Day 8....

Not sure why Pumpkin again was up before 7 am but he was. However, I was still able to get in a shower and a few quiet moments with Jesus. The fact that the windows were opened in February helped me to thank Him all day for sunshine, fresh air, screen doors being used, playground fun. The boys and I had some good reading time on the couch before lunch and some playtime outside before dinner.
Thanks to my awesome mentor, I also got in a day of exercise (WOOHOO!)...which means 3 down out of 29 days of exercising. We worked it hard for 45 minutes of power walking...walking and talking which makes the workout even better. Thank you friend!

I pray that tomorrow, whatever the day may look like, that I would continue to grow in self-discipline and self-control...especially in controlling my temper, my anger and instead, clinging to Proverbs 15:1..."a soft answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Off to watch Leap Year on Leap Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment