Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 5 of 40

Its crazy to me that its already day 5! Day 5 of choosing self-discipline, choosing to do what's sometimes hard, not fun, not my first choice. Like this morning when I wanted to sleep in. I wanted to sleep in since Pumpkin was sick again through the night and we were up with him. But my own words came ringing through  my head...that I would get up and renew my mind with the Lord regardless of how my night of sleep went. I was extra thankful for my extra Panera coffee I had leftover from yesterday's breakfast date.

The weather was beautiful today which helped pull me outside for a run while everyone else was napping. Hard, but good. Good for my body and even better for my mind.

I didn't do a great job enjoying my children today...mainly due to my excessive attention toward planning Pumpkin's birthday. Tomorrow is a new day though. A new day to choose to enjoy them, love on them, play with them, laugh with them and just let them be who God made them to be.

By the Lord's gentle, yet firm, reminders, may I see them through His eyes, see their strengths, their gifts...to remember that they are their own person and they have been entrusted to me. I pray that tomorrow I will choose to be thankful, to love, and to live out the beautiful gospel and Word of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment