Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 9 of 40

Hard to believe I'm almost to double digits in this journey...

This morning Pumpkin was up and in my bed at 5:45 and Miss O was up three times last night. It makes me smile looking at a night/morning like that and seeing how the Lord still beautifully met me today and encouraged me. Surprisingly I still had some quiet moments in the Word and during naptime all three slept at the same time, the sun was shining through the windows, and I got to read a very encouraging chapter from One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp as well as read the whole Real Simple magazine from February.
Taz and I had some good time watching a cartoon this morning but it was hard to pull myself away from task-mode. It is especially hard to do this when Pumpkin is at preschool because I feel like I can do more with only two smaller children to look after...yet Taz needs my love and attention just as much. I know it too...he comes up to me, arms raised for me to pick him up and points over to the couch. I see in those eyes his request for his mommy to come hold him while he watches Elmo. Its incredibly sweet if I stop to savor it...otherwise I just miss it because I'm too focused on being productive.



Tomorrow is a new day, His mercies are new, and I pray that I will focus on each child, love them, and show them Jesus in whatever way that may look.

No comments:

Post a Comment