Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 17 of 40

Thank you Jesus. Thank you to whoever prayed for me. Today was not a "fried" Friday. Today was a good Friday. Not that it felt like a Monday necessarily but still, it was a good day. I was able to quiet myself this morning, once my mind actually woke up, and spend some time praising the Lord and asking Him to help me let go of self, of expectations and just cling to him. Fridays are usually chore day but as I planned out our day in my planner I felt the Lord say to just "let go" of the plan. So, it got a big "X" thru it...

I can't figure out how to turn the pic but there is that nice big "X"...not x as in I accomplished it but "X" as in not on the to-do list today. It was hard though - hard to let go of my expectations, my desires to clean the house, to stick with our Friday habits. But I really sensed the Lord wanted me to just enjoy the kids and rest. I mean, really, is the house going to come crashing down if the carpets aren't vacuumed this week? Are we all going to get sick because I didn't dust today? We all know the answers.

As I sat at our table I saw this beautiful flower Mr. B brought home to me and it reminded me to try and see the beauty of this flower in everything else I come across today. Isn't it beautiful? 


And so, we enjoyed each other. We had to run an errand but I still enjoyed them and enjoyed the Lord. We didn't do any creative or fun educational activities but the Lord helped me practice self-control and self-discipline in some key areas of being a mom and for that I'm thankful. Its more important to be a good example of self-control to my almost 4 yr old when he is out of control rather than plan some crafty homeschool-type project for us all to do. 

All three, yes, I said all three kids napped at the same time for an hour and forty five minutes! That meant I got to lay down and read some of 1 Corinthians and even take a short 20 minute nap. It was divine. Yes, divine. It was total rest for my soul and I needed it. 

Thanks to my wonderful hubs, we both worked our abs tonight. Now off to enjoy each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment