Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 18 of 40

Almost half way there...only two more days! Today was a great day...in part I think because yesterday was such a blessing. I wasn't recuperating today or making up for the destruction I could have left yesterday...no, I enjoyed today, the beautiful weather, quiet moments, smiles from Pumpkin, laughter from Taz, and cheek to cheek with Miss O.
Thanks to Mr. B I got to go to Panera this morning and sit by the fire, sip some coffee, and renew my mind...just me, just myself, just this person who is first a daughter of the Lord. Sure I'm a wife, and sure, I'm a mom. But at the core, I am HIS! It felt good to remind myself of that and to just sit with Him.
I had some time to shop at the mall and later do some knitting. My friend and I went for a jog this evening.

I enjoyed the Lord, my children. I didn't thank Him though as much as I want though. I'm realizing too that God isn't put out by my requests for various things. He wants me to come to Him with my requests, with boldness, faith, and trust. He wants me to trust that He loves me and has my best in mind.

He is truly good, isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment