Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 35-38

Thanks for your prayers friends! It has been a better couple days in my journey of working at self-discipline. Most mornings I did not get up early but I did choose to do my bible study during the boys' room time rather than clean or watch the Today show. I worked out all week but last night....no reason really. I didn't feel sick but I worked all day and didn't get home from my parents til after 8 pm. I prayed about not working out and felt okay about it. In a sense I got some exercise being on my feet most of the day. I definitely got some brain exercise :) Does that count?

Today I enjoyed Taz as we played together on the bed, laughed, read together. I enjoyed Pumpkin as we colored together this afternoon and tickled this morning. I enjoyed Miss O today as I gave her a bath, read her a bedtime story, had her nap on me this afternoon. Sweet moments that seem to be going by way too fast.

This morning, thanks to 2 of my friends, I was up by 7 am to pray for our children with them. At 6:58 am all I wanted to do was to sleep and find some excuse not to call in to pray. Well, not really but I did really want to sleep. It always amazes me though, how after only a few minutes up and in the Word or in prayer, I am so glad I got up and would rather be communing with the Lord than sleeping. Yet, 23 hours passes by and in that half-opened-eye groggy state, I choose to snooze and as a result I choose to lose....lose out on renewing my mind, being filled with joy and peace, strength and His energy. Oh how I pray that in 10 hours or so, even on a Saturday, I would remember truth and choose to open my eyes, get out of bed, and feast on the Word of God....the best breakfast I could have.

Thanks to my amazing mentor, I've been challenged to pick back up my pen and my gratitude journal and choose to be thankful. Today, I am thankful for friends who love me in spite of my sin, my junk, my flaws. I am thankful for friends who are there to speak truth, encourage, listen to me cry. I am thankful for friends who know what its like to be up for hours with difficult children.

No comments:

Post a Comment